Family Law Blog

First Class Legal Services

254.870.3623 Available 24/7 by Phone

Our Firm's Family Law Blog

Did you Have Trouble with Visitation This Holiday?

Did you encounter any difficulties regarding visitation schedules this past holiday season? Has your former spouse knowingly disobeyed your court ordered arrangement? If so, you may be able to seek to enforce your visitation agreement. Under most circumstances, the courts can enforce these orders by charging a noncompliant parent with contempt of court. If found guilty of contempt, a person can face penalties such as fines, jail time, or both.

In order for contempt proceedings to begin, the parent’s breach of the court order must be clearly documented and in clear violation of the terms of the court order. This is only applicable if the court order was written in clear, unambiguous terms that specifically dictate when each parent is allowed to see their children at which times, and when children must be surrendered to the opposite party at the beginning of the visitation period. If a court order was written in a manner that is unclear and the parent’s noncompliance cannot be adequately displayed, a parent can request for the courts to clarify the order.

In addition to visitation issues, the courts can use similar means to enforce orders relating to a large number of family issues, including child support, property division, and spousal maintenance. As always, these legal issues are best handled with the assistance of a trained legal professional who walk you through the appropriate legal processes and protect your rights.

Contact Barbara A. Weaver, Attorney at Law Today

If you are looking to enforce your existing court order, a Killeen family lawyer from Barbara A. Weaver, Attorney at Law can represent your interests in court and maximize your chances of securing the results you need. With more than 20 years of successful legal experience, your case is sure to be in excellent hands. To find out more about how we can help, request a free case evaluation or call us at (254) 870-3623 today!


Free Case Evaluation

Discover the Course of Action That’s Right for You

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.